Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Blog Update/Rose and Thorn...

Blog Update...  I just wanted to let everyone know that Faith and I will not be posting as much as we used to.  We are still going to update, but not as frequently, at least through the holiday season.  We both feel the need to slow down a little.  Thanks for reading.


Personal Update...  I feel like I have changed a lot in these past months of running this blog.  I didn't realize how easy it was for me to get caught up in the thorns of life and miss out on the roses.  Now don't get me wrong, I am not going to win the Miss Optimistic award any time soon, but I do find it much easier to take each day with a smile.  I feel like God has helped me trust Him in the hard times (he has helped me do this so many times) and really focus on all the great things in life, and to focus more on His promises.  

Okay, enough updates.  Let's do Roses and Thorns...

Thorn:  Eric is still on the job hunt.    
Rose:  Eric has a job, and God is providing all our needs.  Plus we are learning how to live on less and less.  I feel like I have become a better wife and mom, figuring out ways to save money, ways to cook healthy for less, etc.  It has been fun to work hard as a wife/mom for our family in this way.  God has placed me in this time of life and I love doing my best each day to serve Him.

2 comments:

Shellee said...

Thorn : Target and their 'customer service'...or lack thereof!

Rose : I still got a sweet gift for a friend having a baby girl.

Amy Woodard said...

I was thinking about your Monday roses and thorns last Sunday morning. Joel was out of town, I was trying to get the kids and me ready for church, make scrambled eggs for breakfast...etc. We had our time change last Sunday (which I was surprised by that morning!) In the midst of getting breakfast ready, I bumped the bowl of raw/mixed eggs and almost all of them spilled from the bowl to the counter and then slid in between the counter and stove. Total Yuck!! But! The Lord reminded me of roses and thorns and I was grateful for that extra hour to clean it all up and to be forced to take notice of how dirty it is under my cabinets, now I know another area to clean that I might not have noticed otherwise. So thanks for your roses and thorns. : )