Monday, September 8, 2008

Roses and Thorns

Is the cup half empty or half full?

Are you sad that there are thorns on your rosebushes or happy that there are roses on your thornbushes?

I was really encouraged by the comments you left on this post and hope to do the same thing on a regular basis. Are you dreading something this week or this fall? Share what you are dreading (the thorn) and share the positive (the rose) about it.

I will go first:
I am not looking forward to setting up a weekly cleaning schedule for myself. But I am glad that this will mean a cleaner house on a regular basis!

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:2-4

"Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!" Psalm 106:1

7 comments:

Faith said...

I'm not looking forward to sitting down and starting a new meal plan system. I have been pretty unorganized since Luke joined our family (a year ago) and it's time to get organized again. However, I AM looking forward to being organized and less stressed each week about what to make for dinner. I am also looking forward to less quick trips to WinCo for last minute items to buy since I will make 2 big trips each month..hopefully.

Jessie said...

Weekly cleaning schedule! I have a tip! The Sidetracked Home Executive system has worked wonders in my home. Book is by Peggy Young, I think, and I'm sure it's available at your local library. It's a FLEXIBLE system, which really helps me stick with it. This is coming from someone who absolutely hates doing housework but loves having a clean house. And is absolutely horrible at managing time while being a stay at home mom. This system really works for me.

Faith said...

Thanks for the tip Jessie! (and thanks for being honest about hating housework:)

Jenne said...

Thorn: being uncomfortably big-pregnant (the third trimester is upon me) all fall long.

Obvious Rose: In the end, I get to hold and nurse and coddle my last little baby.

Bronwyn said...

Thorn: Needing to clean out closets
Rose: Hopefully selling some things on Ebay and having more space!

Thorn: Dealing with a scared three year old many times throughout the night.
Rose: Showing her how much we love her and that we'll always be there for her no matter what

Pennies In My Pocket said...

This is a great post. Many times I'm dreading lifting a finger to clean. I hate it, but I do love a clean house...funny how that is, huh? I have to remind myself that I should be SO thankful that I am blessed to be able to stay home with my baby and be able to get the chores done. Also, I am so thankful for the home we live in and that we have a home to clean.

~melody~

Diane said...

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:2-4

This verse is perfect for how I have been feeling lately. Thank you for posting it. :)