Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Homemaker Tip-Organization

For those of you that have an in home office or a little desk area like we have, here are some great ideas to help organize those areas.

Paint-can cubbies. Take your old paint cans, clean them thoroughly inside and out or purchase unused, inexpensive paint cans from a local paint store. Anchor them to a shelf with Velcro and you have a convenient and creative way to organize your bills, mail and other papers that often clutter your desk.
Make your own bulletin board out of cork board covered in fabric and framed. (you wouldn't even have to frame it) wrap ribbon around it stapling it in the back and tacking it in the front. Use a drying rack to store magazines or wrapping paper.
Turn a chest into an organized storage unit. I think this is a really cool idea and Bryan and I were actually just given a cedar chest from my parents and I have been trying to figure out what to do with it. Something similar to this may be a great option. If you are really interested in learning how to turn a chest you have into something like this click here for instructions.

Here is a really cute and simple idea..turn empty cereal boxes into organizers either for your office or your kid's desks. Cut with a utility knife at the angle you want and then cover in craft paper securing with double stick tape. Use large boxes for books, magazines and paper. Use the mini boxes for pencils and other small supplies!


Happy Organizing!

1 comments:

Ginger@chirgies said...

Great ideas!!! I got an idea from Martha Stewart I think, to use all those teeny glass baby food jars I was going through. I spray painted the lids white, let them dry, and then with a sharpie wrote on top, "Rubberbands, Paperclips, Buttons, Safetypins, Push Pins, Nails, etc..." They're in my 'junk' drawer in my desk, but I can find what I need in a second.
Keep your ideas coming! You two are so encouraging! love you!