Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Homemaker Tip - Coupons

The tip for this week has to do with cutting coupons.  I used to think that using coupons actually makes you spend more money because the name brand item with coupon still costs more than the generic brand.  This can be true, but there are also lots of ways to use coupons in your advantage.  For tons of details about this, go to this site called Money Saving Mom.  But I caution you, this can be complicated and a little exhausting.  If you are up for the challenge, go for it!  I love the challenge, and I love saving money :)  Remember to use integrity, be honest, and save some money for your family!

Here's my coupon craziness revealed!

Now for some practical tips for the casual coupon clipper:
1.  Clip coupons for the things that you always buy anyways, for example Ritz Crackers.  Those generic just crumble!  So if you see a coupon, clip it and use it.  
2.  Don't forget to give the cashier your coupons.  If you don't use them often, you just may forget to pull them out!  If you are like me and do forget (I tend to remember as I am walking out of the store), head over to customer service with your receipt and coupons.  They will refund the money in cash.  
3.  Look through the ads and combine great saving ads with coupons you have.  For example, if a store is selling Cheerios, 4 boxes for $8, and you have a couple of $1 off one box coupons, use one coupon per box you buy, save $4 dollars and get each box of Cheerios for $1!!  Those type of deals come more often than you may realize.
4.  You can print out coupons online for many different items.  Click here for a great list of coupons to print.  But take caution, some stores such as Winco don't accept printed coupons.

I hope that helps you save some money for your family!  What money saving tips do you have regarding coupons?  Are there any websites that you love that help you save money?  Please share!

3 comments:

oº˚ Anissa ˚ºo said...

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to find a good coupon site will have to check that one out! Thanks for sharing. Much Love

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Great post! I agree, couponing can be exhausting. I'm not a huge coupon person in person with stores, but online I'm all about it. I do seek out coupons I can combine at the grocery store or walmart and target. I've gotten some fab deals that way!

Thanks for the new link...I have to check it out!

~melody~

-The Riegelmann Family- said...

I know people who plan their meals for the week by what is on sale and that they can find coupons for. I personal am terrible at using coupons, like you I ALWAYS forget to give them to the cashier, but you can save money this way.