Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Recipe -Chicken & Red Pepper Burritos

I got this recipe from a cook book called Quick and Healthy.  I am always on a quest to feed my family healthy, and quick is my middle name.  Needless to say, this recipe book is right up my alley.  


I made some changes to this recipe, so I will post what you are suppose to do, and what I did in parenthesis.  Does anyone else out there alter every recipe possible?  Anyways, here it is...

Chicken and Red (green) Pepper Burritos
1/2 lb. chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 red bell pepper (a whole green pepper)
2 T chopped onion
1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. dried cilantro (1 T. fresh cilantro)
1/2 tsp. dried basil (1/2 T. fresh basil)
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/2 tomato, diced
2 oz. cheddar cheese
4 flour tortillas

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray.  
2.  Over medium heat, saute chicken, bell pepper, onion, garlic and seasonings until chicken is cooked.  Mix in tomatoes and cheese, stir until cheese melts.
3.  Spoon filling into each tortilla.  Roll tightly and place seam side down in 8x8 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
4.  Bake 15 minutes, until heated through.  
(5.  Top each with a dollop of sour cream)


1 comments:

keely steger said...

Sounds great, Megan! And yes, I definitely alter pretty much every recipe I ever try.