Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Winter gardening

I weeded my garden today to try and make room for all the other stuff I hope to plant soon.  My technique of scrambling the weeds out when they are small would have worked if I would have actually done it consistently!  I wasn't as consistent as I wanted to be so I had some 3 foot tall weeds taking over the beans.  

I am getting ready to plant a winter crop, something that I have never done before. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best things to plant this time of year? 

3 comments:

Ben & Tera said...

Funny, I was just thinking yesterday that I would call you and get some advice on this matter. Hope someone can help us out!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I have no idea, but I would love to find out! I will be planting a peony bush soon so that it will bloom in the spring. You have also reminded me that I need to go pull some weeds. I DON'T WANNA! :)

Check out my giveaway:
http://thelifeoflindseyd.blogspot.com/

Amy Woodard said...

Okay, I don't have any gardening advice, just a weeding story. Joel actually started mowing the weeds in my flower garden. Yikes! (Just spring flowers at this point, so he didn't mow any flowers!) I did some "power weeding" for an hour on Saturday. Got a HUGE blister, but it was great to get the weeds cleared out...at least for now! : )