Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Summer's end

I have been feeling a little bit blue about the fact that summer is coming to an end here in the Pacific Northwest.  I love the summer here, the few hot days, the occasional rain, and of course the perfect 76 degree day of NW bliss.  I love to garden, take the kids outside, go for walks with strollers, and jogs with my ipod.  I love the vacations, the lack of schedule, warm evenings at sunset.  You get the picture, I love summer.  


Rain in August?  Cold days ruining my lovely tomatoes?  Sigh.

So, here is my attempt at looking forward to the fall and winter.  I really do like each season, but this one is my favorite, and it is always hardest to see it go.  Again, sigh.   Anyways, I wanted to list a few things I am looking forward to, please add to the list if you would be so kind :)

1.  My baby's first birthday
2.  Thanksgiving
3.  Cozy fires, cozy living rooms, warm coffee
4.  Schedule (yes, I like it both ways)

Okay, please add to my list!  Thanks :)

7 comments:

Faith said...

-Survivor and The Office starting up.

-Halloween costumes

-Sweaters, scarves and wool socks

-Soup on rainy nights

and I'm with you on the cozy fires and warm coffee!

Megan said...

Survivor and The Office... thank you for reminding me!! You brightened my evening. And I love cute halloween costumes, and soup...yummy. Thanks Faith.

Shellee said...

Yes, I can't wait for The Office! Who wants to play 'Slap Face'?

Speaking of warm coffee, Ginger Bread Lattes!

The fall and winter seasons totally remind me of being pregnant with Renee, I really did enjoy it!

keely steger said...

Colors, smells, tastes- autumn is such a treat for the senses!

Um, as your husband would gladly remind you- OU Football starts on Saturday! You KNOW you're excited about that one.

Pumpkin patches, hayrides, and multiple more excuses to take multiple more pictures of your adorable children.

And yes, the return of The Office, House (add it to your list), and other shows to give us something to look forward to every night of the week.

Greg and Andrea said...

Changing colors on the leaves of the trees--fall really is beautiful here.

Apple picking--you're going this year, right?

Tara said...

I love fall!!

I love the changing of the leaves. Its gorgeous in our area when the leaves all turn!

Thanksgiving is my all time favorite holiday! Turkey and stuffing and pumpkin pie!

Hot apple cider!

Sweaters and boots!

Big bonfires!

I love it all!

Alison said...

* I feel like Thanksgiving shoudl be ammended to say Thanksgiving in California(?)
* I agree college game day is back and that means OU football!
* Fall smells- cinnamon and crisp cool air
* Hot stews and cornbread
* The ok to put on a few pounds because no one is going to see your arms or legs under that sweater and jeans
* and not sure if this works for the married gals but us single gals stop shaving our legs so often!