Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Chicken Fingers with Honey Sauce

I tried a new "chicken maggot" (as my 3-year old calls them) recipe tonight and it was a hit!  It comes from a healthy cookbook that I love.  Anyways, here is the recipe:


12 oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 beaten egg whites
1 Tablespoon honey
2 cups corn flakes, crushed
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup honey
4 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1.  Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels.  Cut chicken into 3/4 inch wide, 3 inch long strips.  In a small mixing bowl, combine the egg whites and the 1 tablespoon honey.  In a shallow bowl, combine the corn flake crumbs and pepper.  Dip chicken strips into the egg white mixture.  Roll in the crumb mixture to coat.  Place in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake chicken in a 450 degree oven for 11-13 minutes or till no long pink.
2.  For sauce - in a small bowl stir together the 1/4 cup honey, mustard and garlic powder.  (I also added about 1/2 teaspoon poppy-seeds!)  Serve with chicken.

While eating this meal, my daughter said that I was "the bestest cooker at chicken maggots".  Sweet huh.  


3 comments:

Shellee said...

Wow! This sounds so yummy, and so kid friendly! I'm going to add this recipe to my box, and title it 'Chicken Maggots'. ;-)

Bruce said...

yummy! Megan fixed the chicken maggots for Mimi and she loved them and is adding them to her 2 week menu plan. Thanks Megan for fixing them for me. (mimi from OK)

Pennies In My Pocket said...

OK YUM. I must try this!