Friday, August 15, 2008

Black Bean Salad

I realize summer is almost over:( but I wanted to post a really good summer salad (could be made anytime of the year) I just made for the first time the other night that I really enjoyed! It was great as a salad or as salsa with tortilla chips. Next time I make it I am going to try it in pita bread or flour tortillas with sour cream. yum. It was fresh, flavorful, light but hearty at the same time! (if that's possible!!)

Black Bean Salad
serves 12

2 15 oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 15 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
8 green onions, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (I didn't have one and it still had plenty of flavor)
1 red bell pepper, chopped (you could do green or orange as well)
1 can diced tomatoes (or fresh)
1 lime, juiced
1/2 c Italian dressing
1/2 t garlic salt

Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Chill well before serving.

(The nice thing about this dish is that you really can't mess it up. You can add whatever you want to it. Change it to fit your own tastes! It's great! Enjoy!)

3 comments:

christie said...

Yum! This looks great!

Ben & Tera said...

Mmmmm, sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing Faith.

-The Riegelmann Family- said...

My aunt makes something similar to this and it is very tasty! She also adds cilantro to hers.