Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fun wall hanging

When we put in new windows, I had 4 shutters that I could no longer use as shutters but I didn't want to get rid of them. I decided to paint them black and hang three of them in my kitchen! It's been a fun addition. I use them to display pictures and every few months I change out the pictures. After my sister got married, I hung pictures from her wedding, these pictures are some great ones my sister in law took at Christmas time this last year! (I think it's time to hang some updated ones) You can also use them for mail or paper organizing, or whatever you want to use them for! They are just great so I thought I would pass it on to all of you, maybe some of you have some old shutters laying around!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

keely steger said...

Really cute idea, Faith! We actually had some that I just recently got rid of in a garage sale! Wish I seen this before!

Heidi said...

I love the shutters in your kitchen. They always look so cute with your pictures on them.

Megan said...

These are so cute and creative. I love the idea of using old stuff, fixing it and then using it somewhere else. It is just hard to figure out just what to do and where to put it!

Tara said...

Very cute idea. I was thrifting yesterday and found lots of great shutters. This is perfect for them!

Tonya said...

REALLY cute Faith!