Sunday, July 27, 2008

Faith in God

I believe in God.  I believe that the Bible is true, and that what it says about God is without a doubt the absolute truth.  I count on the promises in the Bible, and it is for that reason that I can always choose to bloom where God has planted me.  I'm not saying that it is easy to see the bright side, but it is possible.  That is how I get through the hard times.

My husband said to me, "Choosing to bloom for you is your way of saying that you believe in the future grace of God - you are believing that God will continue to take care of you today and tomorrow, just like He has in the past".  It made me think.  If I have an eternal perspective, and a big picture of what is important in life, it is much easier to bloom where God has planted me.  If I set my priorities on financial wealth here on earth or on a life without (my current) trouble (whatever that may be), I have a horrible outlook on my daily life.  And the burdens weigh me down.  But if I can keep my eyes focused on the big picture - that what is most important is to love God and love others, it is much easier to bloom.  I can love God and love others in any situation I find myself in, by living in the spirit and depending upon God.

I'm so thankful to know God, and to know that the biggest picture is eternity.  Sometimes I get so overwhelmed by this truth that I just have to share.   

8 comments:

Ben & Tera said...

That's awesome Megan. Thanks for speaking the truth and for sharing your thoughts. You have a great heart.

Jenne said...

Yes. Thank you. and thank you for the phone converasation, too. I needed some sister-talk time.

Pleasant Drive said...

Amen and amen. Yesterday, we had a guest pastor at churh and he said a few things that really got me thinking:
1. Stewardship is trusting that God has a plan in place and submitting to that plan.
2. There is divine compensation for doing things that you don't want to do, but God has called you to do.

Being a Christian can be so hard, but it is worth it!

Lynda said...

Congrats on being featured at SITS - you have a truly lovely site!

Brandy said...

I think that when we have an eternal perspective for our lives, we have the right perspective in our parenting. We see the high calling that God has given us and we see the purpose of what we are doing. Thanks Meg for sharing. Can't wait to see you Thurs!!!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Such a great post and great witness. You honor God with your words! Congrats on making the Saucy blogroll, this week.

Tracy P. said...

That future grace of God sustaining you today--such good stuff! Congrats on being saucy!

Tonya said...

I still feel overwhelmed by Gods truth and grace on a regular basis, I pray that we never stop realizing how huge He is and how amazing His love for us is.