Saturday, July 5, 2008

Contentment

Blooming where you are planted and embracing the stage of life you are in can be a very difficult concept. Bryan and I got pregnant with Peyton 6 months after we were married. Although I wouldn't trade Peyton for anything in the world, I often wonder what life would be like if we had just waited a couple more years to start having kids. Could we have travelled? Would we have more money? Would our marriage be different now? These thoughts and many more can consume me at times so I try and not even let them enter my mind.

Instead, I stop what I am doing. I don't think about the laundry and dishes piling up. I don't worry about the floors being perfectly spotless. I forget about all of the pressure from the world to be the perfect wife, perfect mom in the perfect size 4. I ignore all of these distractions and I instead cuddle with Peyton as she climbs in my lap to read a book, I watch Luke's face light up at the sight or sound of me, I feel his tiny hands on my feet waiting to be picked up. I have a conversation with Peyton about how she wants to be a mommy just like me someday. These are the moments when I realize that God has me right where he wants me, right when he wants me there. His timing is perfect. Who am I to question it?

If we spend our time thinking about what could have been we lose focus of what is. We miss out on what we have. The last 3 1/2 years with Peyton have flown by, I don't want these precious years to pass without realizing how privileged I am to be a part of them. So I encourage everyone, no matter where you are in life, to embrace it and live it to the fullest. God has you there for a reason and will do amazing things with you if you allow him. Just stop and realize how blessed you are and don't give into the idea that life is greener on the other side, because it is not.

2 comments:

keely steger said...

This is a great idea, ladies! It's very encouraging to learn right along with you!

-The Riegelmann Family- said...

SO encouraging! It is hard sometimes to fight the temptation to be perfect but your right, enjoying where God has put you is far better in the end. Thanks Faith for the reminder!