Tuesday, July 8, 2008

BBQ chopped chicken salad

This recipe is inspired by one of my favorite restaurants down in Southern California.  It is a great one for the summer - bbq a little extra chicken one night, and then the following night you will have the start of a quick delicious dinner!


BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad:
Romaine lettuce, chopped
1/2 can corn, drained and rinsed 
1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
5 green onions chopped (use the whole thing, not just the bottoms)
1 Tomato, diced
BBQ chicken, cubed
crumbled tortilla chips
BBQ sauce 
Ranch Dressing

In a bowl add the lettuce, corn, beans, onions, and BBQ chicken.  Pour on ranch dressing and BBQ sauce and toss salad.  Add as much or as little of the BBQ sauce and dressing, to your own taste.  Top with crumbled tortilla chips and serve immediately.  Try it out and tell me what you think!

4 comments:

Ben & Tera said...

Mmmm yum, that sounds really good. It seriously made my mouth water. Don't you hate that when something sounds super good and you have to have it now:)Did you make that for dinner tonight? Let me know, and I'll come over and help myself!

Ginger said...

thanks! I can't wait to try it! I'm always looking for hot Summer day (I don't want to cook) dinner ideas. :)

Jenne said...

This salad is one my hubby loves. In fact, it does not matter what kind of "main course salad" i make anymore... he ALWAYS grabs the BBQ sauce and chips and turns it into this salad.

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

Sounds fantastic! I'll have to give it a whirl! :)